The engagements that Waronzof and its professional have completed
for its clients demonstrate the strengths of our firm – a commitment
to creative, thorough and discriminating analyses, a willingness to
work hard meet challenging deadlines, and very effective communication
of our findings and conclusions. We take great pride in our work, and
are mindful that our analyses and conclusions compete with the opinions
and work of others. Our clients retain us during times of great need
to provide analyses and recommendations that have real consequence
and meaning - whether in a courtroom, a negotiation, before a public
body or around a conference table.
- Market and development/disposition planning for the City Market, a nine acre historic produce market located in downtown Los Angeles.
- Financial analysis of development alternatives under study for the Ostrich Farm specific plan area of South Pasadena, CA.
- Life cycle and occupancy cost analysis for the construction of a Health and Human Services Complex in Santa Fe, New Mexico for the State of New Mexico’s Property Control Department.
- Highest and best use analysis for excess land in Northern California for a regional timber company.
- Analysis of corporate strategy alternatives for a 50 year old closely-held real estate holding company in transition.
- Feasibility analysis for land in Fremont for use as a potential site for a major league baseball facility.
- Feasibility analysis for a planned mixed use residential and golf community in Punta Chivato, Mexico.
- Highest and best use/development planning for a 1,000 acre holding in northeast Houston.
- Analysis of agency best practices and project-specific evaluation for a California redevelopment agency.
- Reconnaissance and evaluation of light rail transit alternatives in Tukwilla, Washington (Seattle metro area).
- Evaluation of the 53 acre Ambassador College campus in Pasadena for reuse and redevelopment.
- Project assessment for the $400 million Tren de La Costa transit/retail project in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Real estate investment strategies and market assessment for metropolitan Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Highest and best use analysis of a former manufacturing facility in north Los Angeles County.
- Residential Housing Study for the nation of Argentina for a New York investment bank.
- Financing alternatives study for a major health insurance provider for a $100 million headquarters facility in Southern California.
- Absorption analysis of a proposed business and industrial park located on the US/Mexico border at a new commercial border crossing.
- Financial analysis for a combined headquarters expansion and association community center development on behalf of a heath care insurer located in Louisiana.
Complex Valuation Engagements
- City Center Development, Las Vegas
- Museum of Television and Radio, Beverly Hills
- National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences Headquarters, Santa Monica
- 800 mile Trans Alaska Pipeline right of way valuation
- SBC Park (San Francisco Giants), San Francisco
- South Coast Plaza Complex,
- The West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton, AB
- Cleveland Hopkins International
- The Stratosphere Casino, Las Vegas
- 2 Wall Street, New York
- Skywalker Ranch, Marin County
- The Desert Inn, Las Vegas
- The Mission Bay Project, San Francisco
- Boeing Field, Seattle
- MetroCenter Project, Foster City
- Emerald River Project, Laughlin, NV
- Sun Lakes Residential Project,
- Ritz Carleton Hotel, Marina del Rey
- The Beverly Rodeo Hotel
- DC Ranch, Phoenix
- San Francisco-San Jose Commute Corridor
- Riverpark Residential Community,
- Ambassador College Campus, Pasadena
- Large Scale Solid Waste Transfer
Facilities, Los Angeles & Huntington
- Valuation for Financial Reporting (Purchase Price Allocation Under FASB 141R)
- Office and retail properties in Los Angeles, Ontario, San Diego, Orange County, Phoenix, Sacramento, Austin, St. Louis, and Boise.
- Industrial properties in Phoenix, Austin, and Orange County.
Litigation Support Engagements
- Estimation of lost profits and economic damages arising from construction defects in a high rise apartment building in Seattle.
- Estimation of ground rent for a bank branch facility in Hayward, California.
- Valuation of equity in a real estate holding company mandated by settlement process in shareholder lawsuit.
- Estimation of economic damages for an alleged title defect regarding a condominium development in Glendale, California.
- Valuation of a beach-front luxury residence designed by internationally-known architect in Malibu.
- Complex ground lease dispute culminating in three appraiser panel for property located at Long Beach Airport.
- Estimation of the value of a partnership interest in a general
partnership subject to California’s Revised Uniform Partnership
Act and its “dissociation” provisions
- Analysis of the impact
on economic viability and profitability of a local community zoning
ordinance on residential development land for purposes of a regulatory
- Estimation of fair compensation for a partial taking
of a large residential development in Hawaii for municipal redevelopment
- Estimation of value, interest rate analysis and reorganization
plan feasibility for a bankruptcy involving a large apartment complex
in north Los Angeles County
- Services as a consultant overseeing the
breakup of two development ventures controlling $250 million in
development land and completed office buildings in San Diego
- Estimation of lost
profits against a title company alleged to have occurred from the
correction of defective reconveyance documents
- Estimation of fair compensation
for a partial taking of a newly-developed residential project in
of economic damages and lost profits arising from the alleged failure
of an institutional investor to continue to invest new monies in
a resort and hotel development in Lake Tahoe
- Estimation of economic damages
alleged to have occurred arising from the breach of fiduciary duty
by a timber manager of Indian-owned timberlands
- Estimation of “intrinsic” value
and economic damages arising from a judicial foreclosure action under
intrinsic value definition
- Estimation of economic damages and lost profits
arising from an alleged failure of a title company to insure against
a railroad easement
- Estimation of value and fair rent in actions brought
against pension fund trustees for failure to act as a fiduciary
in real estate transactions involving training facilities and convenience
- Estimation of value for property tax purposes in property tax
disputes involving hotel-resort-golf properties in Orange County
of economic rent in arbitration over building and ground rent readjustment
provisions in San Mateo and Beverly Hills
- Estimation of fair compensation
for full and partial takings involving airport lands
- Economic damages
analysis arising from a breech of a purchase and sale agreement
for a large-scale residential development
- Estimate of fair compensation
arising from the taking for and construction of a high voltage
- Estimate of damages arising from attorney malpractice involving
a failure to disclose the presence of lead-based paint in a residential
- Estimate of damages arising from the relocation of
a residential access easement leading to a luxury residential
subdivision near Rancho Sante Fe, Ca.
Asset Management Engagements
- Purchase price allocation studies for financial reporting purposes for industrial and office properties throughout California, Arizona and Texas.
- Disposition management services for residential
development land in Pasadena, including preparation of an offering
document and supervision of a formal bidding process.
- Solicitation and placement of a land-secured
$18.5 million bridge financing facility for a non-profit organization.
due diligence and lease abstracting for a $20 million office complex
in Los Angeles
- Disposition assistance, including preparation of an offering
document and pre-bid activities for a residential facility owned
by a non-profit.
- Complex cash flow forecasting, budgeting and financial
evaluation for property disposition.
- Preparation of enterprise financial
models for real estate enterprises, culminating in forecasts
of enterprise income, tax obligations, cash flows, dividend payments
and share values for real estate holding companies.
due diligence for development venture investments by a state pension
- Preparation of investment track-record analysis on behalf of real estate investment manager planning creation of a new real estate investment fund.